Sunday, March 04, 2012

Back to verbal diarrhea?

The last two months have been interesting, painful, inspiring, fulfilling, frustrating, saddening and joyous in equal measure. And, ironically, catalytic. I think I switched back on during my long trip, when feeling and thoughts suddenly found words and expression, and then I moved to No. 2 or 3 in fan speed on that fateful evening in Toit in December. Since then, it's been a bit of a tangled web, which I work through each day, all the while realizing that this is bigger than me...that something fundamental is shifting within and beyond, and that the person I will be at the end of this year is going to be very different from the person I am right now. It is scary and uncomfortable, but in a way exciting too.

The only way I can make sense of this journey is actually not by viewing the bigger picture but breaking it up into much smaller pieces, easier to understand, accept and digest. And by a constant "untangling" of the multiple threads that swarm around each day.

So I am going to try and spend 15 min each night just writing here. Whatever comes to my mind, whatever's top of my mind as I end the day. It means I will give up 15 min from my reading each day...which I can manage, considering the last year or two I have been on an overdrive when it comes to books. So here's hoping I will be able to maintain that discipline!

No comments: