Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Shefali sent snaps of her pregnant self yest-
it was nostalgia time once again.

I am breathless at the way time seems to rush past, making near strangers of once-intimately connected people....shef, shekhar, sidharth, ruchika, ashish, geeta, parish......all people with whom i used to have relationships that were "alive"....today they are all far away - literally/metaphorically.
Of course, in some cases there is the occasional "reconnection", like with shekhar.
With others, its all over.

And I remember, and feel, and think.
And suddenly I know I am wrong - what is over is the relationship, but the precious moments of those relationships are alive within me. To be relived, to be thought of with pain and pleasure.

This curiously satisfying, cathartic fusion of pain and pleasure through nostalgia - all the proponents of "I never look back, whats happened is over", do u know what u r missing out on???!!!!!



No comments: