Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Back again.
Work doesnt seem to stop....2 weeks after handing in my regn, my relieving date has not been decided yet. all because a bitch cldnt handle negative feedback abt the co. and decided to become vindictive (why shd i say she decided? there was no choice, she IS like that)...and of course, all because I cldnt keep my mouth shut, because I tht that my policy of being open and giving feedback wl be appreciated by ppl like her. Dumb me, and Bitch her. explosive combo that has resulted in this mess.

Read abt this girl who had come to Del fr a small vilage, got hoodwinked n gangraped.
Another one- father n son got into a fight with truck drivers..the drivers ganged up and deliberately drove over the father (lying on the road) right in front of his son.
Such nightmarish stories appear every second day, and their regularity n frequency doesnt decrease the impact with which they hit me every single time. Just closing my eyes and putting myself in the place of the victims for a moment induces a depression n rage that, even if for a few moments, leaves me shaken. I shudder to think what these trauma victims go through in the context of harsh realities - corrupt, overworked police force ; social stigmas; absence of support systems; poverty.
News like this appears to tear apart the scenarios of progress n development that surround us. I have to remind myself that there is no question of what is reality/illusion. Both are a reality....gay groups fighting for change in penal code in Bombay ; caste wars in interiors of Bihar - a lower caste woman being forced to eat shit and parade naked, a high caste man getting slaughtered.
It is these contrasting realities that make this country so fascinating and rich. But when such news comes out, the romanticism is shredded. All that remains in my mind is the thought of the 16 year old girl, alone.

No comments: