Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Just had a long discussion with my SEC head, Aruna K.
She starts, "what?"
Me : "I would like to put in my papers. I have a good opp, i think its time i move on"
she :"but why?"
and then, my biggest mistake - i told her.

I, being diplomatic at the same time, tried discussing the environment with her, what I felt was wrong, why it is not conducive to my growth, and why I did not find it useful to discuss this with anyone before. This took 5 min.

The next 40 min she spoke. Her evaluation :
- I am immature, ignorant, presumptuous, arrogant
- I am not a professional. I have cheated my family, by getting an MBA degree, because I lack perspective.
- I dont know how to deal with complexity and challenges. I dont have any skills to analyse the environment.
- I need counselling, which she;s trying to give. More than that, I need therapy sessions with a psychiatrist.
- I am an armchair critic who has no understanding of complexity, and cant appreciate the greatness of this orgn.
- I can only fit into a public sector, bureaucratic orgn where everything is handed to me on a silver platter, where I do personnel work and dont hv to take any decisions or initiatives.
- I think everyone is useless, all of us (the mgmt) are a bunch of jokers and idiots.
and etc etc etc.
At the end of it, the most priceless of statements- "No individual has a right to pass a judgement on another individual. I dont know you, I cant judge you".
Imagine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, my reaction:
During her tirade, I refused to be bowed down, and kept interjecting my comments, which inflamed her more.
Finally I shut up and took the diplomatic middle stand of "maybe my perspective needs to change, I need additional exposure to appreciate the environment" etc etc.
She cooled down then and proceeded to spend the next 20 min on general gyan and on how great Polaris is.
What a BITCH!!!!!!!!!I mean,I cld hv dealt with -
- she getting pissed off that I didnt even speak to her before deciding(even tho i dont report to her) and being indifferent and curt.
- she giving me a genuine feedback on how maybe it is my perspective that needs changing etc.
ha!
instead she proceeds to spew a 1000 litres of smug, defensive, humiliating, judgemental venom. My fault anyways. I know how she is, I dont know why I thought I cld have a decent discussion with her.
One of the worst, useless 90 mins of my life.
God knows whats going to happen to my relieving etc. No one willing to take responsibility....jab kaam dena hai, sab boss. jab kaam karna hai, koi boss nahin. creeps all.

No comments: