Sunday, January 07, 2007

2006 lists!!

It gets a bit tiring obsessing about yourself and dissecting your thoughts and emotions…I don’t know how others stand it! Yes, am going through a depression….well, so be it. For now, am relegating it to the background. Soon my mind (sub conscious?) will tire itself and join the surface cooler waters.

In the meanwhile, I shall enjoy myself making lists.

The first one, to cheer the fab year that Bollywood has had, is my favorite movies of 2006

Top 10

Gangster – hopeless romanticism; Shiney’s eyes; lovely music; great shots and flow
Dhoom 2 – sheer adrenaline; beautiful people; Hrithik = God
Omkara – one of the most well made movies of all time; the intensity; the quieter performances
Rang De Basanti – the sheer idea; the lullaby song; the truly ensemble cast/performances
Don – so much fun!; SRK super cool; well picturised songs
Dor – the uniqueness and simplicity of the story and performanes
Corporate – simple, well told story; Bips’ look
Golmaal – genuinely good comedy; cute Tusshar
Fanaa – here only because of Kajol
Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna – surprisingly better than expected; beautiful to look at; dared to make a movie with dislikable main characters

Runner ups (!!)

Krrish
Lage Raho Munnabhai
Taxi no. 9211
Yun Hota Toh Kya Hota
Mixed Doubles

Disappointments

15 Park Avenue
Bas Ek Pal

Didn’t see (not that I missed anything)

Kabul Express
Babul
Vivah

Last year, I had made a list of "changes" in the list of people I am close to. This time, I am just making a list of all the people I am close to - at the cost of sounding offensive, an inventory so to speak!

Mum, U, D, L, DB (new)

Shk, Shw, Dom, Sidh

H, Sau (up), Nik (up) , Rku, M, Aish, Shal

Ven (down), Sej, Meet (new), Sid, Jas, Am (new), Ar, Ank

Sm (new), LC (new), Son, Poo (down), Shilpa, Amit, Man (new)

K, Lord, V (in and out)

Cant think of any other lists right now....its late at night, and after a highly satisfying conversation, I am happier :)




No comments: