Saturday, August 05, 2006

Always a stranger to me...

Sex.
Money (linked to career)
Obligations.

The order of priority differs depending on gender, social conditioning, circumstance and individual aspirations. But these three are what occupies the mindspace of most people most of the time. And hence, relationships which fall into these three categories are the ones which get maximum attention as well. And the ones which dont, dont. Simple.

But not so simple for me. Because I ignore these three categories most of the time and focus my attention on people, on the connection to the core, rather than the external linkages. And thus prioritise accordingly as well.

Which is why, ladies and gentlemen, I am always, always, always, on a tangent with the rest of the world.

Once in a while, I have met people who are also aligned to this. Its happened seldom, but when it did, I felt....vindicated? happy? Nope. I felt nothing. Because its not as if this is a conscious effort on my path to be different. Its just me. And I dont feel particularly upset or proud or tormented or wonderful to be like this. Its just me.

So why do I still seek the someone who's aligned to me? Because I do have one thing in common with everyone else. The need for resonance. And the comfort it brings.

No comments: