Friday, November 25, 2005

Silly week

I have developed a fascination for the typical Rinku phrase "silly boy" and use that and its variants pretty often now. It makes me sound like someone out of a David Dhawan movie who wears flowered shirts and I will probably need to tone it down soon. In the meanwhile, its my tribute to my ex-boss who i miss A LOT.

Anyway, the point of titling (is that a word?) this Silly Week was because its been precisely that - silly. Why?? Some reasons...

> I have spent a major (I refuse to define major on the grounds that my company may fire me) amount of time gulping down (NO other word for it...this is like me and chocolate ice cream) V's blog. The similarity also lies in the fact that both (choc ice cream n reading blog) leave me feeling as guilty as the dog who polishes off the uncooked food in the kitchen...the blog reading is also accompanied by bonus feelings of envy and inferiority - why?why?why cant i be smart n cool n funny etc etc etc.

> I have not completed even 50% of the work I was supposed to complete. Which means...I will work on weekend...I will endure dirty looks from Ops in next week's review...I will go tense and mad and make my team cry next week....and I will suffer from huge guilt pangs when I go to bbay

> I have been thinking n thinking n thinking some more about all the work drama in my life...the role change, discussions, the instinct vs brains dilemma, the role that work plays in my life, the new team....ooff!!!! i have a headache...and more importantly, i have the realisation that I better get my life into perspective before i actually become a workaholic, somehting that I just laugh off nowdays (friends who have been telling me this for some time....NO, U CANT SAY "i told u so")

> My obsession with chemistry/relationships etc etc continues without showing the slightest inclination of putting it to practical use. Either I am still deeply scarred (and even in my most self pitying moments, I know its not true!!!) or I am a coward (sneaky self suspicion) or closed (as close friends kindly put it) or just plain dumb (the highest probability)

Well...silly week or not...its done...now coming this weekend - Strand book sale (addition of at least 20 more books to my "for retirement" kitty)...movie (A good woman - i love oscar wilde)....assorted lunches/dinners (NO new places i am sure, why cant people experiment any more?)....Pooja's sis wedding (boring, boring, boring)....

And yes, not Viki's wedding. Too...icky...uncomfortable somehow. For reasons best left unexplored

No comments: