Tuesday, October 02, 2012

"Its just a bad time"

I find it eerie how some weeks just beg for this description. Like last week, when a spate of bad news flowed in from each direction...friends, relatives, team members...mostly related to health. A team member's cancerous condition returned and required immediate surgery; a close friend's brother suddenly developed an abscess in the back and needed surgery. One friend suffered from a fortnight of allergy induced cough & cold, while another friend's relatives went through a shocking third death in the family within a period of 3 months. Each day I heard something new, spent some time thinking about it, possibly reached out the concerned people to offer my prayers or support, and then resolutely went back to the minutiae of daily life. 

Till Friday, when I received the panicked call from D about the accident involving his parents. It was a nightmare come alive. My heart bleeds at the thought of what they have already gone through, are going through and will go through for quite some time to come. I can't even begin to try and put myself in their place...or for that matter D's, whose worry for them is eating him alive. Yes, I am carrying on with my so-called "normal" life...worrying about program launches, catching up on friends' lives, eating, drinking, preparing for Vik's upcoming trip. But the knot remains. And I am just praying and hoping that "this bad time" will be over soon. 

No comments: