Sunday, April 29, 2007

a bunch of fun?

The HR outing yesterday was surprisingly nice! The tiring bus journeys aside, the 6 hours spent there were pretty decent, thanks to the lack of sun (and a spot of rain too!) through the afternoon...something that I had prayed for and the others against!!

But more thanks to the people who had organized it all, yet not organized it to death, another point of the difference in culture...people were inclusive, yet not insistent, everyone doing what they felt comfortable doing....I cheered on at the games (and for my team, which lost!), spent some time lying on the lounge chairs looking at the sea, chatted with friends, had coffee, sat on a rock and got the bottom part of me wet, took some pics....

It was also interesting to see people having fun in groups...thats something I have had relatively little of, partly due to choice and partly the lack of it. I had a lot of it in GK when a kid, thankfully blessed with a large group of friends around the house. The school was the other extreme, I just didnt belong to any group at all, and was pretty much a loner except for Dom. After that, I changed location so many times that its been on-off. 10th - no. PU - no. 1st yr - yes. 2nd and 3rd yr - no. MBA - partly. PSL - no. Acc - sometimes. So overall....sporadic...not too many choices given to me...and I myself usually tend to go for the 1-to-1 type of relationships! Like not gng with the U etc. to Goa, instead heading off to Blr - uff!!!

Most of the times, I am good with it. At the end of the day, I have a vast group of people who care about me, and that's really my blanket. But sometimes, like yesterday, I miss it. Unlike practically everyone else, I dont have any memories of "fun with the gang in Goa"

:)

No comments: