Saturday, April 08, 2006

wake up

Towards the beginning of 2004, L told me to wake up. I reacted with raised eyebrows and fumbling words. In the next few weeks, V's behavior and sundry events at work/home brought with them a level of turmoil and depression I had kept at bay for maybe too long a time.

Deja vu. Towards the beginning of 2006, L told me to wake up. I reacted with raised eyebrows and fumbling words. In the next few weeks, K's meeting, the Leadership Survey and sundry events at work/home brought with them a level of turmoil and depression that I hadn't seen for quite some time.

Whether coincidence or self fulfilling prophecy, I dont know. What I do know is that it's practically impossible to negate your basic, true self. You can control the projection and the implications of being what you are, to protect against the vulnerability of being naked. You can move elements around to construct a labyrinthe of red herrings and dead ends, so that even you forget where the core lies. You can wrap yourself up in so many layers that only the most determined and compassionate get through.

But you cant disturb the core.

No comments: