Saturday, January 21, 2006

fear

Silence, I say, is holy; its the path to purity. I also acknowledge that it breeds evil as well. And, in particular, it breeds fear. This thought occured to me a few moments ago, and was discarded instantly. But on hindsight, its not so peculiar. Most of the emotions that we would normally classify as "negative" can be traced back to fear in some form or the other. In fact, evil is synonymous with fear, and the host of that evil can either be the perpetrator or the victim.

Why is this thought uppermost in my mind on a seemingly peaceful Saturday night? Probably because of several unconnected emotions felt through the day. The thought of Mama, something I try to suppress most of the time, because of the sense of shock and loss that still accompanies it. The movie, Amityville Horror, a perfect symbolism of the madness that lurks within us ready to spring out with the right catalyst. The conversation with mum, when she told me the story of the 4 year old who was tortured by her stepmother. And finally, the depression that is now beginning to overwhelm me.

All fear.

No comments: