Saturday, December 20, 2003

Poem

Went to a few blogs after a looooooong time today..!

Eric had posted a blog asking for poems....made me suddenly remember a poem which had really affected me. Posted it in his comments section (tho I know he probably wont like it)....copying it below. Love the words, they are an elegant reflections of my feelings.
(sigh!)


A Wistful Thought


I am wanting for a friend
whose nature is akin to mine
and likes the paths I wander in
of tall black forest trees
and ocean beaches combed by wind,
with rocks of drying seaweed
for a seat, to rest and talk.

We'd walk amongst the sandpipers
and speak of lonesome times,
of how, when mixed with
family or neighbor kind, we
each had often felt
most singular and set apart;

and how, though separate
and still unmet, the two of us
had shared a wish to be
in conversations, glad and free,
with one who'd feed the growing trust
of the other's pilgrim heart.

No comments: