Saturday, June 30, 2012

Am I out of the woods yet?

Ironically enough, I feel as if V's trip in May was the last time I was truly happy and at peace. Since then, all I can remember is a whirlwind of confusion, pain, worry, doubt, apprehensions, vulnerability that has enveloped me. The series of death anniversaries...DB's decision and announcements....V's low period...Foni mama's health debacle...Anjan's continuing turmoil...uncertainty over the career...an underwhelming series of work days...maybe I am getting into a self pity mode, but I am struggling to remember the last time I genuinely felt...good. About myself or my loved ones or even the world in general. Or even the last time I was able to express anything I felt. The fixed smile is starting to hurt now. So are the platitudinous responses.

Well...the period of May and June is usually like that. As I hesitantly and hopefully emerge from the woods, I just pray for simplicity of thought, peace of mind and freedom of expression. Let the beautiful moments of the first half of the year get captured and reappear. 

No comments: