Sunday, January 06, 2008

no sweet sorrow

i consider myself fortunate that i grew up within the loving cocoon of my family and close friends and got familiar with the pain of parting and distance only from the age of fifteen. (or maybe that's not very fortunate, because it meant that I was not used to it...)

either way, i wonder how my dear aarav will view it? will he rotate his head 360 degrees around the room so that he can spot me and cry out for attention like he used to? will he miss the sight of me standing in front of me and he gazing at me and waving his arms wildly in order to be picked up? will he sense that there is a pair of arms which are not around him anymore? will he look for the patterns of my shirts and kurtas which he lwas attracted to and loved attacking with his teething mouth? will he feel the absence of the 73kilos that would plump down beside him every morning to coo and wish him good morning? will he cry out for the specific paintings and wall hangings he had gotten fond of on his daily "walk"?

mum will cry, think about me and my life constantly, get distracted by bobo's needs and then resign herself to another few months of distance. i have cried, have been thinking about them constantly, will now get into work and try to reduce the number of occasions when i am struck by memory and seized with pain.

but i think of him, who doesnt even know what he's feeling.

No comments: