Thursday, March 23, 2006

Haze and Sky

In the middle of the chaotic afternoon, I take out these few moments to pause. and blog.

But while its been quite some time since I blogged last (three weeks?), I am unable to really pin down anything to write here. Yet so much seems to have happened. So much that had significance at that moment...and now appears a bit inconsequential. And in some cases, even silly.

I know that I busted my BP for a lot of things - inefficiencies by (supposedly) intelligent team members....bitchiness by (supposedly) close ones...secretive behavior by (supposedly) friends...coldness of (supposedly) developing companions...

I know that I laughed a lot. Esp when I bitched.

I know that I felt emotional. Esp when Sau looked at me and said "aisi bhi kya naraazgi?"

I know that I enjoyed myself. Esp when I danced to "disco deewane" after ages. And esp when I covered Blr to Chn in four hours.

I know that I blushed. When I got compliments, at work and at play.

I know that I missed some people. I know that I broke someone's heart. And I know that my heart was a little broken too.

But yet, it's all like a haze now. I just feel a little tired, a little wistful...in fact, pretty much like an old man sitting on the porch in the twilight, of the day and of his life!

But I know that's not true, it's just momentary. Tonight (or maybe tomorrow) the blood shall flow a little stronger, the spirits will rise again. The smile will be back in the eyes as well. And a spring in the step (or "josh in the jog" as radio city says). And the cycle will start again.

In the meanwhile, "a fountain empties itself into the grass" (Sometimes it Happens, by Brian Patten)

No comments: