Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Bittersweet

Yesterday was actually a good day. A deck which we had made on attrition and were very apprehensive about, was liked by Lakshmi. Darshan got promoted. And I got a sincere appreciation on mail from our business lead, Ashish for the initiative I am currently running.

However, its rare nowdays that anything provides undiluted joy. The bittersweet nature of this day is derived from my essential sense of discomfort with the way this system of recognition works. From my perspective, I have done a lot of good work which has been very effective at the ground level. But because its very basic level work, which is not branded and neither is a quick win, it doesnt win the kind of recognition that a high-visibility "project" like DSI does. What a silly thing it is - I am proud of "A", but I get recognised for "B". My desire for this to converge could be idealism or arrogance (not that there is too much difference between the two). I guess I just need to be practical, and look at it from the pov that at least i got recognised.

No comments: