Thursday, August 19, 2004

Romance in the soul

Inspired by Aish's fundoo blog on abused words, I have decided to put down some of the romantic numbers which are my favorites.

The list is (a) not inclusive of a lot of conventionally considered great numbers (b) not exhaustive by a long way (c) inclusive of numbers which raise goose pimples on my body, which may or may not be in the great category...!

"Pretty Woman" - DONT ask me why...I just love the groove, and yes, I love singing along (pretending I am in black leather crooning to a PYT dressed in tights!)

"Bahon ke darmiyan..." - the ultimate mix of sweet romance n poetic sensuality. And if you close your eyes, you can feel the rain, the wind, the fingers......sigh.

"Nights in white satin..." - both the original & Richard Clayderman versions (yes, kill me) appeal to my sense of rhythm & drama.

"Fever..." - (boney m version) - gets the blood running. A different fantasy each time its played.

"Yeh vaada raha..." - a hot cup of tea, sitting on a balcony with green fields spread out before you, and a view of the majestic mountains, a chill in the air, and warmth in your heart.

"Woh pehli baar...." - cheerful, sunny, you sing it with a smile on your face and foot on the pedal (as you shout the words out loud while driving at full speed, laughing...!)

"Yeh ishq ishq hai..." - the only truly oldie in this list and the most complicated song to sing....a heavy quawwali if u try understanding the words....but you need not, the energy & passion touches your heart directly.

"Not a dry eye in the house..." - a sensitive guy has a cynical smile as he sings this. Hits me.




No comments: